Guggenheim Venice

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Walk to Work


I live in Castello, which is about as far away from everything as you can get in Venice without being on another island. It's nice. Any by nice, I mean there are a lot of dogs and a fish market where a kilogram of mussels costs about $8.

I chose to live so far out because I like to walk and I wanted a decent walk to work. Remind me of this fact when I'm running late one morning. I'll kill you.

These are from one of my first walks to work. I won't call them highlights because it was too early in the piece to know what my favourite bits of the walk were. Highlights will come at the end of my stay.



If I'm on time I get to San Marco before there are too many tourists. This is crucial, as in the busiest times tourists mean it can take me an extra 10 minutes to negotiate my path.



The Academia Bridge means I have five minutes left. Nearly there.




Made it. I can do it in 25 minutes if I need to, but I usually give myself 40 so I can stroll. The details are enthralling, I know. I also eat cereal and strawberry yogurt for breakfast, if you're interested. My tea? Earl Grey.





No comments:

Post a Comment