It would be wrong of me not to include a post about the Elephant House.

We first came here for the same reason that everyone comes here, because it is 'the birthplace of Harry Potter.' We continue to go here, every day for at least 3 hours in my case, for the same reason that Ian Rankin, JK Rowling, and Alexander McCall Smith came here: it magically makes you productive. We don't know whether it's the lighting or the view of the castle.

Maybe it's the huge thick tables or the big windows. Or the sundry stunning teas.
Maybe I don't actually care, so long as they let me nurse my one cup of tea for six hours (which they don't - I occasionally have to resort to a Sprite, the cheapest thing on the menu, to buy more time).
I should explain, because I'm not really this decadent. I am in Scotland where my sister is on a working visa, working. So between accompanying her to job interviews and preparing for Halloween, I have to somehow find time to study for the Guggenheim. The list of book isn't long, but they are good books so it takes me roughly a year to finish each one. Or it would, if it weren't for the Elephant House.
Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday (new book!)

Thanks, Elephant House. Love your work.
No comments:
Post a Comment